Minutes from Meeting to Discuss Proposals for taking forward the Notts Bedroom Tax CampaignPosted: 19 September 2013
Meeting to Discuss Proposals for taking forward the Notts Bedroom Tax Campaign
Minutes – 28th August 2013, 6pm
Nottingham City Gallery
- The meeting focused on holding a public meeting in Sept/Oct to put pressure on Nottingham City Council to implement a ‘No Evictions’ policy regarding BT arrears.
- September has many other events happening (NHS demo, Men & Feminism event, etc) so as not to clash Tuesday 15th Oct was proposed – it would also coincide with a Nottingham City Council meeting the following Monday 21st Oct.
- Notts BT Campaign will explore promoting the ‘No Eviction’ petition/s that have already been established to present to the Nottingham City Council – possibly on the 21st Oct?
- The Campaign will write to key organisations to seek financial backing to help fund the campaign – Notts TUC & GMB were two which were identified.
- Will promote the Public Meeting via social media, creating a flyer to be distributed at other events as well as a letter to Nottingham Evening Post.
- It was agreed that the campaign would promote the ‘HomeGuard UK (Bedroom Tax Evictions)’ Facebook page which is a national group which aims to co-ordinate people for eviction prevention on a regional and then local level.
- Notts BT Campaign will aim to link up with other campaigns that we can learn from such as the Leicester BT campaign which is very active and the Refugee Centre who are successful in organising eviction prevention groups.